~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Flying High

Today, I hit that place within creative writing where my excitement for the story suddenly skyrockets. This inner high comes and goes throughout the process for every WIP (work-in-progress), so when the sensation of flying lifts me up, I just enjoy the ebullience.

As backstory, while Book One in my Chantilly Lace series is heading out to some friends for final read-through and editing (the novel will be available for purchase by Christmas), I'm deep in research mode on Book Two: taking notes, sketching outlines, listening for the voices of characters, watching for settings to reveal themselves.

During the writing and research journey, sometimes I fall completely into a scene and quick-as-a-wink I've written a couple thousand words. At other times, full scene visualizations go dormant, but that doesn't mean I'm not buried in the imaginary world I've created. It can feel like puzzle pieces spread in front of me and I know they all fit together even if it takes a while to put them all together. And then - woosh! Creative moments strike without warning - my breath catches, my heart pounds, and I feel like I'm vibrating from the inside out! Today held one of those precious soaring moments!

Write On!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...