~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dry Rain

While walking the dogs yesterday - which was a delightfully warm 46 degrees - the snow was melting and dripping off the tree limbs. As I closed my eyes briefly, walking along our dead-end road, the droplets sounded like rain and I was immediately caught up in the experience of walking in the 'rain' yet remaining completely untouched! What a wonder! This reminded me of how, when we are present, we can be unattached to the past; our memories are heard and felt but they don't have to rain on our day. We are simply in the moment and totally contented. Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...