~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cramming with Chai


Okay. Not really healthy. I admit it. Well, sort of healthy in that it's organic and all natural but not in that it's got caffeine AND sugar (evaporated cane juice). And certainly not healthy in such large amounts as what I've drank today and likely will be in the coming week! LOL But, I'm down to the wire on my A&P studies - last chapter and final test - that simply HAVE to be done by early next week because I start KSA on September 13th and have an assignment to complete for that course prior to the first class! And, I'm running a bit out of steam when I need to be stepping it up... So, enter Oregon Chai Tea Concentrate. This is my 'jolt' of choice. I knew that it was stimulating to my system from pre-health food days (I found Oregon Chai about a decade ago and immediately fell in love) but I generally have tried to keep it to a blissfully decadent one cup (maybe two) on special occasions, taking it with organic rice milk instead of cow's milk. However, during the past year, with my return to vegetarianism and heightened food awareness, caffeine and sugar have been exceedingly minimal. So, today was quite the stimulating blast to my metabolism!

While the wonderful self-healing modalities I use like Flower Essences, Homeopathy, herbs, bio-algae, and energy work are incredible supports, they still work within the template of my own constitution and Vital Force. So, the temporary measure of a Chai Tea 'lift' takes me a step more intense than what I would naturally be able to achieve. The beautiful thing about the natural modalities is that they also will support me during this temporary shift into a higher gear than that in which I'm normally comfortable, allowing for a dynamic equilibrium that is outside my usual patterning. The Flower Essences allow me to focus the extra energy from the Chai Tea, while some natural remedies can help my system to detox some of that excess caffeine and sugar so as not to overload my organs. Balance all these with awesome nutrition and I'm doing GREAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...