~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Friday, August 21, 2009

Road Less Traveled By


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~ Robert Frost

Who hasn't heard these famous lines or read this poem at some point? Even people who don't read poetry probably think it rings a bell ... "hmm, that sounds familiar." I've always felt a kinship with this poem. When I was young, I thought about that path less worn but didn't yet have the courage to travel it; after a few life trials, I found my strength - at least the outer edge of it - and chose to follow my heart and inner guide along a less traveled road. And a winding road it has been!

The poem was mentioned today by a Homeopath I know and respect. A discussion was in progress regarding the resistance - even animosity - that allopathy (conventional medicine) and Big Pharma have against natural modalities including Homeopathy. We can become discouraged and give up or we can remain true to our hearts and healing paths, staying strong in our knowing that these methods are powerful, and provide people with deep self-healing. We don't heal and neither do the remedies; we merely provide the catalyst because each individual (people or animals) has the ability to bring themselves to healing -- whether spiritual, mental, emotional or physical, on whatever level that individual needs to heal.

So I am content to take the road less traveled by; it has made all the different to me - and to those I've met along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...