~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Monday, August 30, 2010

in the beginning


In the beginning were the animals... well, at least in MY beginning. I still have my stuffed toy puppy-dog from my crib, and from then on it seems like there was always an animal around me! They are my joy and my solace. I finally completed each one of my current companion's web page so thought I'd share that bit of personal information in case you wanted to hop over and meet them at KITSNK9S! The image here is my beloved Kiki; long gone but never forgotten.

Mankind's true moral test, its fundamental test (which lies deeply buried from view), consists of its attitude towards those who are at its mercy: animals. And in this respect mankind has suffered a fundamental debacle, a debacle so fundamental that all others stem from it.

Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...