~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Friday, December 10, 2010

Mirror Mirror On The Wall


"Mirror, mirror, on the wall..."

The glass image wavy in its ancient origins, I see myself and wonder who I am. For a moment I see a stranger who wears a face disguised by a mask - the armor of a shield worn to protect the real Self, its gold plating rubbed dull with worry. A face hidden behind what might be, asking for Truth. She moves closer and Her features become sharper, revealing The Quest, lips parted as if to pose a query that has been waiting for so long to emerge. Her eyes invite love and honesty, open in the stillness of centuries of silence. She wavers, disappearing, pulling away as the sun rises on a new day, the light from the window casting glowing fingers upon the mask as she withdraws slowly. "Wait! Don't go!"

I fall into Her eyes and swim in Her soul
where lakes of molten gold flow
and shape my destiny

I hear Her whisper sweetly through
the inner ear of time, its spiral carrying
the sound of eternity

"You know - you can."

The spirit comes in the night like the ghost of Christmas past in the Dickens classic, heralding messages of vital importance if only we can hear and see and open to the gift of insight. She hovers in the realm between here and there, between now and then, She is Presence, pure and still. She is all the souls who journey and Her mask hides their true identities from those who are not ready. She is asking. I feel a question ... just there ... in Her eyes. What is she asking of me? What does she want? What do I want? Ah, yes... What do I want? Where am I going?

Reality steps in and I'm reminded of an old movie I came across this past week. It is a black and white film from 1945 that has stayed with me for ages; the title says it all ... "I Know Where I'm Going" ... Do I? The woman in the story is sure that she knows exactly where she is going and why as she journeys across Scotland to the Hebrides, determined to achieve her goal, but Mother Nature and Love step in and she has to ask herself ... where am I going? I had thought that the movie stuck with me because of the fabulous location shooting and the wonderful scene of a local Wild Woman sweeping into the castle after being out in the wind and rain with her pack of Scottish Deerhounds. But maybe ... maybe ... it also has to do with the theme of the movie as I watched it when I was at a crossroads in my life, truly wondering "where am I going?"

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall..."

She invites me to reflection - deep, honest contemplation of Self. She reminds me of the Charge of the Goddess ...

"If that which you seek, you find not within, you will never find it without."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...