~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Friday, October 16, 2009

Best Sandwich EVER

Okay, first off I realize that this is probably one of the worst food-combining choices, and as I learn more about Ayurveda (tastes, foods, digestion, AMA, etc.) I'll probably look at this sandwich objectively and think "OMG, I can't believe I ate that!" However, having been blessed most of my life with a 'cast-iron' stomach and overall fast metabolic rate (although I'm realizing now that I'm nearing 50 that the metabolism could use a boost) -- Go Agni! -- I confess that I'm drawn to some very strange combinations. So, this isn't necessarily a recommendation - and I won't make it myself very often probably, especially once the fruit is no longer in season - but I just have to share the recipe! LOL Here goes...

Use Tapioca/Rice bread, toast it, smear peanut butter on both sides, then put a big ole tablespoon of Pomegranate seeds in the center, spread them around, and smash those sides together! Voila! Positively mouth-watering scrumptious!!!! Best sandwich EVER!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely disgusting!!! Love the pomegranates - been eating some gorgeous ones this week - but can't stand peanut butter.

    Peanut butter also sends a blood sugar reading on a diabetic through the roof - even totally natural peanut butter that is just nuts with no nasty additives. Can't be good for us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only eaten pomegranate seeds (although I think they're called something else?) the past couple years but do like them a LOT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...