~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Color & Fragrance


"Like a lovely flower,
full of color but lacking in fragrance,
are the words of those who do not
practice what they preach.

Like a lovely flower
full of color and fragrance
are the words of those who
practice what they preach."

~ The Dhammapada, translated by Eknath Easwaran

This entry drew me in. How many times have we listened to someone whose words are powerful and inspiring yet we see how they live and are left wondering where the Truth is? However, that view leads to judgement of others. Better that I attend to my own flower within - do I exude both color AND fragrance? Do I express the Truth I feel inside as well as permeate the air around me with the essence of my actions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...