~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Journey


Beyond the familiar plane of biological and emotional needs lies a third dimension of spiritual needs that cannot be denied: the need for meaning, a purpose for living, a place in the fabric of life where we belong.

Because this dimension is part of our very being, we live inescapably in two worlds, the material and the spiritual. To live fully means being at home in both these realms, and that requires a way to bring the deep wisdom of the heart into daily life.

~ Eknath Easwaran, excerpt from his article "Invitation to a Journey"

I first read this author via his books on The Upanishads and The Bhagavad Gita for my studies in Ayurvedic Healing. My own journey revealed itself more fully to me in 1995; I have been a spiritual seeker ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...