~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Caring for Gaia


Last night, when we voted, I wished that I could vote a resounding 'yes' for everyone on the increased conservation referendum. And this morning's Thought for the Day followed in that vein with a quote from Hildegard von Bingen: "The earth which sustains humanity must not be injured; it must not be destroyed." HvB was a wise woman, healer, herbalist, composer (her Canticles of Ecstasy as presented by the group Sequentia are incredible - I often listen to this album first thing in the morning), and visionary, as well as a nun.

I pledge to continue and improve upon my own personal efforts to nourish, sustain and honor Gaia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...