~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Reconnection


We met 20 years ago, when I moved to Maine the first time.
We worked at the same law firm, she on one side of the floor, me on the other.
Opposites, who would have thought we would become friends?
A mutual love of animals drew us together.
Joy in our conversations connected us on another level.
Companionship.
I moved away and we missed each other; we talked.
I left a man I loved who didn't love me.
I moved back to Maine again, and she was here for me.
She left a man she had loved for years.
We shared, laughed, cried, hugged, supported each other.
She introduced me to my soul-mate.
I encouraged her to become acquainted with her soul-mate.
She married; I married.
She births a child and we drifted apart; he grows and so do we.
We are reconnecting on old and new levels.
("Life is Change. Growth is Optional. Choose Wisely." ~ Karen Kaiser Clark)
Words so true. Awareness so important. Action so necessary.
Reconnection.
We talk and revisit a topic of decades ago.
Being little old ladies together...with cats...and maybe a dog or two...
(She gave me this pin many, many years ago; it resides in my treasure box.)
Reconnection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...