~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gypsy Feathers


Whispered call beyond the veil...

'Wear the gypsy feathers well'

I woke up this morning with that phrase going 'round and 'round in my mind; absolutely couldn't shake it although I don't recall a dream. However, I definitely felt that it was a message for me to pay attention to. So.

Many traditional indigenous cultures would wear feather head-dresses to invite, welcome or celebrate spiritual authority or wisdom. Feathers also represent the element of Air.

Gypsy to me signifies the desire to keep moving, enjoying change, independence, not abiding by greater society's rules.

I feel it was a message to encourage me to be true to my own higher Self, even if that means finding my way independent of what others might think. I am free to experience 'mix-n-match' spirituality! I honor all paths to enlightenment.

I no more need to attach to a single religion than I need to write on one topic or love only one creature or do only one thing in my life! This is my spiritual journey and I will 'wear the Gypsy feathers well.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...