~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Morning Dirt

Two men are out, bright and early in the morning, to milk the cow. They are making jokes and, while laughing, one of them scuffs dirt into the fresh pail of milk! Oh no. Well, the dirt sinks and, not wanting to tell their wives, they simply take the milk into the house. Later in the day, the wives make ice cream -- and force the men to eat some! From inside the house comes feminine laughter. ;-)

______________
Short and lacking in elegance, this short-short story nevertheless had my writing partner, Sarah, and me in giggles galore. It was the last assignment of the day in our writing workshop, and it was my favorite one! Simply, we were divided up in pairs and each pair given four different words (ours were: morning, dirt, laughter, and, okay, ice cream is two words!) from which we had only a few minutes to come up with a story or scene containing all four words. Sarah and I came up with four little stories, but this was my favorite. For some reason, just coming up with it had us both in fits of giggles! Therefore, I thought I'd share in case it might strike your funny-bone, too... :-)

LAUGH & LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...