~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Return to Gypsy Feathers


While mulling over this message, I did a little research on the Gypsy heritage. I found it fascinating that many sources indicate gypsies being originally of Indian heritage -- which certainly ties in with my current passion for studying Ayurveda and Yoga and Samkhya. Further, this blend of people was also referred to at times by some as "Black Dutch" and, hey, guess what is in my family tree? Yup, Black Dutch. I'm an All-American Heinz-57 mixture which is pretty cool. I like the sense of mental and spiritual global unity that flows through my physical veins. So, maybe my 'gypsy genes' are via nature and nurture! I'm not given to a lot of extensive yearning to know specifics about my ancestors, however, I did enjoy a project in school where we drew our family tree back as far as we could so I found out about my particular 'blend'. While it's not important to who I am, it is interesting to ponder. That said, many times over generations, children are taken into the family through informal adoption and reared as one of the family so there's no doubt in my mind that many of us may not actually have the genetics we think we do. Which is why it's interesting to ponder but I don't see the value in getting all caught up in heritage. Unless it's the heritage of being human. And even the human heritage is over-rated balancing our faults with our gifts. We're just one more species living on a sentient world in an intelligent universe filled with miracles. So, while the message wear the Gypsy feathers well resonates in my Being, it is simply a pointer to help guide my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...