~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Voice


"I hear your voice on the wind
And I hear you call out my name ... "
~ lyrics of The Voice*

I first heard this powerful, incredible song - The Voice - while watching a public television broadcast of Celtic Woman ~ A New Journey and I was completely enthralled. My heart leapt and goosebumps popped up on my arms. Don't you just love it when that happens? Lisa sings The Voice beautifully and the lyrics are deeply moving. I can close my eyes and feel the words flowing within. Can you?

'Listen, my child!' you say to me,
'I am The Voice of your history.
Be not afraid - come follow me,
Answer my call and I'll set you free.'

The Infinite, Source, God, Goddess, the Divine Truth, the Tao ... speaking to us and through us...

I am The Voice in the wind and the pouring rain,
I am The Voice of your hunger and pain;
I am The Voice that always is calling you,
I am The Voice - I will remain.

When we listen, we hear divinity within the elements all around us ... we hear our own voice when we are still, quiet and open ...

I am The Voice in the fields when the summer's gone,
The dance of the leaves when the autumn winds blow;
Ne'er do I sleep throughout all the cold winter long;
I am the force that in springtime will grow.

Speaking to us through the changing seasons ...

I am The Voice of the past that will always be,
Filled with my sorrows and blood in my fields;
I am The Voice of the future...
Bring me your peace, bring me your peace,
and my wounds they will heal.

Speaking from within, our Self reminds us of our memories but fills us with the knowing that if we seek peace, all will be well. Speaking from her heart, Mother Earth shares her pain but gives us hope that with peace between all life, the scars upon her can be healed.

This song epitomizes our Oneness with All; there is no separation, except our own delusion of being separate.
We hear The Voice.
We are The Voice.

_________________
*Composed by Brendan Graham and winner of the 1996 Eurovision competition, this Celtic inspired song most recently recorded by Celtic Woman sings of the spirit that infuses our natural world -- the wind, the rain, the seasons, the past and future and dwelling in all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...