~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Sunday, March 8, 2009

In Memory of Sophia


Sophia departed this earthly life while lying cradled in my arms this morning. It was quite clear that she had decided the time had come for her soul to depart; she only waited until I held her and then she quietly left. I'm happy for her that now her wild soul can run free, graceful and agile, something she was unable to do with the legs she was born with. We will both miss her quiet dignity and I am grateful for the lessons she taught me about acceptance and living in the moment.
_____________
Hobbit-Sophia (Sophia's Story)
6/97 - 3/8/09

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...