~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rustling



Rustling dead leaves on trees
and caw of the crow,
drip, drip of the melting
ice and snow,
fill my senses as I sit
listening, blind,
while the sunlight - prana -
awakens my mind.

___________________
After the sub-zero temperatures and several feet of snow we've been having, today is truly a much appreciated and blessed glimpse of Spring as we hit sixty-one degrees with full sunshine. Not only did my walk with the dogs take a long time since we didn't want to come in the house, but then Pooka and I also sat outside in our driveway (the only space bare of snow on the property) to eat our lunch. Ahhhh. Bliss.

Last year, our Sunrise Forsythia was in full bloom by May 11th when I made a flower essence from the petals; I feel an earlier Spring is coming this year so we ought to see her bright yellow blossoms peeking by the end of April!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...