~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Surprise!


I'm excited! It's raining and our snow is finally GONE! Yes, G-O-N-E! Melted. Vanished. Disappeared. In addition, I checked my flower bed - the new one I put in last year - and, even though all the perennials are still dormant, I see evidence that the Surprise Lily (also called Magic Lily or Naked Lady) bulbs I planted in the Fall (after bringing them back with me from Missouri in August) are coming up! This is just awesome as I fell head-over-heels in love with these flowers. See, the neat thing is that in the Spring, all that comes up is these loads of leaves - then the leaves die back. Then, just when you've forgotten that anything was there at all, up pops these gorgeous lilies on their tall bare stalks! Very cool. I can't wait! This is a photo of the Surprise Lilies at Mom's yard in Missouri.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful that all the snow has gone and spring is really with you now. The Lily sounds wonderful. I love to see flowers and nature from around the world - it always amazes me how some things from a different continent can to so familiar and yet others so diverse and unusual.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...