~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Monday, April 20, 2009

Udana

I had an intimate experience with Udana on Saturday...

First, briefly, you may be wondering who or what Udana is? :-) Udana is a sub-dosha of Vata Dosha in the Ayurvedic system of healing. This particular sub-dosha has an upward movement, thus my familiarity with it this past weekend when I had food poisoning. Ugh.

I ought to have known better, of course, but ate the restaurant left-overs anyway that consisted of a mushroom sandwich in a mayo sauce. I can see you shaking your head. I know! What was I thinking?! LOL Anyway, within an hour, there was some cramping but I didn't put two and two together as I had other things on my mind. After four hours came the nausea and then my intimate - and violent - experience with Udana.

Luckily, I was able to use Homeopathy to provide support. I went to bed at eight o'clock Saturday night, woke up around one in the morning, took another remedy, then got up at three in the morning to get ready to drive down to Kripalu to audit a class in their Ayurvedic program. The four hour drive down wasn't really pleasant -- I was extremely tired from lack of sleep not to mention lack of food and slight dehydration -- but I was determined! I was thrilled I went as the class was excellent (and, as it happens, the teacher also talked about Udana!). Of course, when I got home last night, I dove into bed again at eight and have pampered myself most of today but I've been eating lightly so feeling well overall.

I will have some turmeric on my quinoa for dinner, as it's a wonderful herb to support the GI tract.

I feel blessed to know of natural methods that are inexpensive and easy to use when these kinds of acute ailments crop up. These are the kinds of modalities I enjoy sharing with other people during my classes -- of which I hope to do more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...