~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Growth is Optional


"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose Wisely."
~ Karen Kaiser Clark

That's been one of my favorite quotes for many years now. It's a simple reminder to myself that what happens before, during or after change is up to me. Not necessarily the circumstances, because sometimes we are unable to affect those, but rather my response to the change, whether my response is internal or external or both.

The seasons change - how do we respond? For that matter, the weather changes continually in the Northeast - how do I react? I was talking with someone on Friday about rainy days - how did they get the reputation for being yucky?! My goodness, rain is a blessing! Rain is both cleansing and nourishing, and can even be comforting. Rain can give us 'permission' to take a time-out, curl up with a good book, snuggle with a loved one, or do any number of things that maybe we wouldn't do if the sun were shining. So why does a change to rain get such a bad rap?! :-) For instance, yesterday the rain helped to hasten the melting of winter snow from our yard!

Thank you, Rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...