~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Monday, December 20, 2010

An Ancient and Spiritual Approach to Health


Ayurveda - a sister science to Yoga - is a 5,000 year old health care tradition, that rises from deeply spiritual roots. When I began my training in Ayurveda, this was one of the most profound realizations that came to me during the Foundations portion of the extensive course as I listened to the incredible teachers from both India and here in the USA. This realization was that Ayurveda provides an entire holistic framework based upon the health of spirit and mind as well as body wherein they are all interconnected, not separate -- this spiritual component is not one of 'religion' but rather one of Spirit within all of Nature.

For a beautiful introduction to understanding Ayurveda, I invite you to view the following 3-minute video A Natural, Effective - and Ancient - Approach to Health presented by Hilary Garivaltis, Dean of the Kripalu School of Ayurveda in Massachusetts where I received my certification.

Ayurveda helps us remember what we already know about ourselves - that we are intimately connected on all levels with Nature.

Know your own Nature, and come to truly know your Self -
and how to provide optimum care for your body, mind and Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...