~ from cats, dogs and nature to the flowering of body, mind and spirit ~

Friday, December 10, 2010

Mother Nature's Child

This is an incredible movie that I hope parents everywhere see! The trailer mentions offering children time outside as part of their education:

"Parents are like 'I want my child to get lots of information ... sounds to me like all you're doing is playing in the woods.' I say, well, actually, that's true, that's exactly what we're doing, we're playing in the woods. But don't worry about the information. It'll come along for the ride. Connection is so much more powerful, that the information just follows it."
~ Jon Young, Tracker, Co-author "Coyote's Guide to Connecting To Nature"

So many children today have what has been termed "Nature Deficit Disorder" (see the book, "Last Child in the Woods").

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. With open heart, I welcome your thoughts however you wish to share them, whether via personal email or as a comment here. ~ Bright Blessings ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...